To maximise your effect, the best thing you can do is leave a personal message to the offices of Foreign Minister Marise Payne and Shadow Foreign Minister Penny Wong. All you have to is call these numbers and ask to leave a message. You can use the script below to help guide your conversation:
Foreign Minister Marise Payne: (02) 6277 7500
Shadow Foreign Minister Penny Wong: (02) 6277 3874
Hi, my name is ______________. To celebrate World Toilet Day, I am calling to thank Senator [Wong/Payne] for being a strong advocate of Australian Aid and let her know I support rebuilding our aid program because: [choose one or make up your own]
- 4.5 billion people still don’t have access to a safe toilet, placing them at risk of diseases like cholera and malaria.
- having a safe toilet can reduce violence against women and girls
- everyone should have access to clean water and a decent toilet
- no girl should have to miss out on school because of something as basic as a safe toilet
- our aid program is how we come together as a nation to solve challenges like the global sanitation crisis
This campaign is backed by Australia's aid & development groups
It looks like your browser is out-of-date!
Please update your browser to view this website correctly.
Update my browser now